This article guides you through the process of uploading Google Push Certificates to the Hansel Dashboard.
Existing Google Project with GCM API enabled
If you are using an existing Google Project with enabled GCM APIs, you can follow the below steps.
Getting GCM Project Number
- Go to IAM & Admin in the sidebar of Google Project Console
Getting GCM API Server Key
- Go to API Manager in the sidebar of Google Project Console
You should then click on Credentials. Here, you can
- EITHER copy an existing API Server Key and paste it under GCM Key on the settings page of your app on the Hansel Dashboard.
- OR click on Create Credentials -> API Key to create a new API Key
- Select Server Key under Create a new Key
- Name your API Key and leave IP addresses blank, if you don't want to enable IP whitelisting.
- Click on Create, copy the generated API Key and paste it under GCM Key under setting of your project on Hansel Dashboard
If you are using whitelisted IPs please contact us.
Creating New Project / Using an Existing Firebase Project
If you are already have a Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) project, jump directly to obtaining project credentials.
Creating New Project
- Login to Firebase Console
- Create a new project
Getting Server Key from the Firebase Console
On the Firebase console, click on Settings gear icon and select Project Settings
Head over to Cloud Messaging tab under Settings
Copy Server Key and paste it under GCM Key on the settings page of your app on the Hansel Dashboard.